Donnerstag, 16. Januar 2014

Pronunciation Part 2


As mentioned in one of my latest posts I tried to settle for one single accent.

Up till now this was not really marked by success, but I am trying my best.
I realised that i had to focus on one single accent and thus I decided to give it my best shot and tried to sound as British as possible. Several websites recommended watching television shows, listening to British radio shows, and so I started watching Top Gear, in my opinion the best show on TV at this time.
My approach to changing my accent to a British one is that I then proceed to repeat everything that is said on TV.
In the beginning it was very strange for me to repeat every single word the three hosts spoke, but after some time, like 2 or 3 episodes i got the hang of it and it was not as strange any more.

The funny part was when I had to explain my mother and my sister what exactly I was doing, because they heard me talking to myself for three whole hours... but at least they know now that I'm not completely insane! ^^
I chose the British accent, not because I do not like the american accent or the Australian one. It's simply because I prefer the sound of the British English.

Another thing I tried was to only speak English for a weekend. I wanted to extend this to a week, but it was simply not possible due to class, and my mothers ignorance towards English.
It felt odd for some time, but as mentioned before, slowly you get into it and it feels much more natural.

So that's basically what I did the last weeks to ameliorate my pronunciation.
I hope i could give you a little insight on my progress,

If you have any suggestions, feel free to leave them in the comments!

That's it folks!
Ciao,
Fabio

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen