Mittwoch, 9. Oktober 2013

Possible EU-Topics

Possible EU-Topics



As if we haven't already enough to do, we have to come up with 5, YES, FIVE Topics concerning our life and the the European Union. ;)
But knowing that we do not really have a choice I'm finally going to get it done!

-My first topic is parachuting and the possibilities where to use the parachuting permit in all of Europe.

Why did I choose this topic? Just because I don't just like it. I love it! Getting this adrenaline kick is hard to describe, and when I finally get my permit I have to know where I am allowed to jump, and what the regulations are.

-My second one is, if the EU is helpless in case of a World war, or if the EU can compete with other world powers like the US and Russia.

I chose this topic just because Russia and the US keep debating about who has the stronger army, and we can hear about conflicts around the globe almost on a daily basis, and so I wanted to know if the EU could defend the countries or if we would be helpless facing war.

- "Ode of Joy":
Why would the EU pick that special piece of Beethoven and not one of many others? Is it coincidence that the EU-Anthem is German, or has it something to do with Germany being one of the leaders of the EU?

- My fourth topic is why countries like the UK keep their currency and don't give in to                "group pressure"?
As mentioned, I want to find out why those countries don't change their currency to the Euro?

Last but not least:
- Does Austria have an influence on the EU?
That the EU has an influence on us is not debatable, but how about the other way around?
Can we really do something against regulations if we are not okay with decisions made by the EU? Do we have a saying in discussions between the bigger countries?

Those are my 5 topics. I do not really know if all of those are legitimate topics, but i will try to debate everyone who says that those are not important to me! :)

That's it folks.
Have a nice day/evening/weekend...
Thanks in advance for the feedback and Ciao!

3 Kommentare:

  1. I actually like the fifth topic best, because I sincerly doubt that such a small country like Austria really has as much power of decision as big countries like Germany or France do.

    But all of these 5 topics seem like fun ones to write about:)

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. choosing Nr.1 must have been really hard for you ;)
    I would also recommend the fifth topic, not only because I'm interested in it myself, but I also read about ten other posts (so 50 topic ideas) and something similar to this one didn't come up at all.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. As Christine and Martin said, number five is a really interesting topic. In my opinion, the question if Austria has an influence on the EU could be answered by yes and no at the same time, depending in which questions... Could be interesting to do research on that question!

    AntwortenLöschen